me

My photo
Chittagong, Bangladesh

Monday, November 10, 2008

Look to one's own back


Context:
Childhood

Media: Installation

Dimension and size: The work is three dimensional. Size is 20 feet x 10 feet x
10 feet (Approximately)

Materials: Iron rods, canvas, colour, wood, computer print on paper, mirror, spot light, wooden frames etc.

Venue: National Museum Art Gallery, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Year: 2005

Description: I made the canvas like a slate to understand infantile. I tried to draw like a child. I still remember to draw the unknown black bird by the eighteenth consonant of the Bengali Alphabet. Picture drawing started by that and that was drawn first in the slate. While I was drawing sometimes the pencil was dropped from the paper on now and then. I Work outside of the canvas to understand the factor by iron rode. Mirror has been used to rise in one’s mind. Now slate is not seen. Many things will be changed in course of time. But my childhood memories will be unchanged in my mind forever.